Be a 100 Miles for Suffolk Mind superstar!
If you’re looking for a new way to stay active, achieve something amazing and do something to help other people, then our NEW challenge might be just right for you!
The 100 Miles for Suffolk Mind challenge is to cover the distance of 100 miles, whether that is running, skipping, walking, hopping, swimming or in a more unique way. People can do it solo or join friends, family, or colleagues to make it a team challenge.
Why 100 miles? Well, Suffolk is approximately 100 miles East to West and North to South – so we thought it was a great way to represent our mission of making Suffolk the best place in the world for talking about and taking care of mental health – and you can help us by taking on this challenge.
Getting involved is easy
- Decide how you want to take on the 100 miles – do it as a solo challenge or team up with your colleagues or friends and family. Then decide how you will cover the 100 miles – you don’t need to cover any particular route and don’t have to do it in any given time frame.
- Set up and share your giving page – sign yourself or your team up by clicking here. Then share your page with your friends and family on social media to celebrate your milestones.
- Complete the distance of 100 miles – and tell everyone about it by posting a video or photo of you and hashtag #100forsuffolkmind
- A huge thank you from us – you are a 100 miles superstar and have achieved something amazing whilst helping to support others in your local community. To show our appreciation, we’ll send you a certificate from the team at Suffolk Mind.
Need some inspiration?
- If you walk/run/cycle 3.3 miles a day for 30 days then you have completed 99 miles and you could do 1 more mile at the end for victory!
- Do something different – allocate a mile and have some fun at the same time… dancing, hopping, skateboarding, maybe use a space hopper, scooter or roller skates… it might take a little longer, but think how skilled you could become with all that practice!
- Create a virtual team – why not challenge a team of your friends, family or colleagues to a virtual race and see who can cover 100 miles first or combine your efforts to do the distance together.
Track your progress
Apps like Strava and products such as fit bits are great for tracking your progress, or if you are digital free, then a map will help you create your routes and measure your distance. We also have a handy printable ‘log your miles’ poster to download for you to keep a visual track of the miles you have done.
Remember, however you choose to do it, keep to the current government guidelines and complete your challenge safely.
We would absolutely love to hear about all the ways you have taken on this challenge – email us: [email protected].
2.6 Challenge (8)
Event Date: 26/04/2020Take part in the 2.6 challenge to support Suffolk Mind. Anyone of any age and ability can take on the 2.6 Challenge, with a host of activities – from walking, running, or cycling 2.6 miles, to juggling for 2.6 minutes, or holding online workouts with 26 friends. The ideas and options are endless!
Ben Burgess (1)
Event Date:Ben is raising money for Suffolk Mind.
Beth from Applaud Coffee, Ipswich (1)
Event Date:Beth from Applaud Coffee in Ipswich is hosting coffee workshops online and supporting Suffolk Mind at the same time.
Carl Scott: Lands End to John O’Groats (1)
Carl Scott will be biking the distance of Lands End to John O’Groats, 839 miles, for Suffolk Mind.
Cheryl Pethybridge (1)
Event Date: 20/09/2020
Cheryl is taking part in the Brighton Marathon for Suffolk Mind.
Emily Burrell (1)
Event Date: 23/08/2020
Approximately 1 in 4 people in the UK suffer from mental health problems each year. So I have decided to do a skydive in aid of Suffolk Mind to try and help local people in need of support.
Fire Walk (44)
Event Date: 26/02/2020
The East of England Co-op are hosting a firewalk to raise money for Suffolk Mind, on Wednesday 26 February 2020 at Ufford Park Hotel in Woodbridge.
Would you like to rise to the challenge of walking on hot coals? Click here t
Kelly Porter - Harwich half marathon (1)
Event Date: 05/04/2020
Kelly Porter is taking part in the Harwich half marathon for Suffolk Mind.
Kirsty Gardner (1)
Event Date:Kirsty is painting for Suffolk Mind.
Link Mortgage Services (1)
Event Date:Dress down days at Link Mortgage Services.
Natasha runs the London Marathon for Suffolk Mind (1)
Event Date: 26/04/2020
Natasha Miles is our first ever Suffolk Mind marathon runner and she's running in memory of her partner, Nick Dinsdale.
Oliver Southgate (1)
Event Date: 10/05/2020
This year, my new year resolution is to help raise awareness of mental health. So what better way than to raise money for a charity that is also personally very close to me!
Simone Cotterill sings live (1)
Event Date: 15/05/2020Simone Cotterill will be singing live on Friday 15th May for Suffolk Mind.
Suffolk County Council Chairman’s Charity (5)
We are delighted that the Chairman of the Suffolk County Council, Councillor James Finch, has chosen Suffolk Mind as his charity of the year, helping us in our aim of making Suffolk the best place in the world for talking about and taking care of mental health.
Suffolk Food Hall (1)
The team at the Suffolk Food Hall have chosen Suffolk Mind as one of their chosen charities of the year for 2019 and are supporting us with many events and activities throughout the year.
The MEL Group brightens up the workplace (1)
Event Date: 22/05/2020The MEL Group is brightening up the workplace on Friday 22nd May.
TMJ Interiors was established in 1981, and has become a leader in specialist joinery and the interior fit-out industry. We manufacture and install quality joinery for the commercial, residential and specialist sectors, and we pride ourselves on our highly skilled and dedicated team. This year, we