We are due to open our allotment projects in late April – keep an eye out on our website for reopening dates to be confirmed.
As any gardener will tell you, getting outdoors into the fresh air is great for your physical and mental wellbeing.
It improves people’s physical and mental health by gently increasing their activity levels, working alongside others.
We are currently looking for several allotment volunteers to help at our various plots throughout Suffolk. Allotment volunteers attend regular weekly sessions to help tend and organise a successful allotment project helping people to improve and maintain their physical and mental wellbeing. Click here for more details.
Improve your wellbeing by joining Get Up & Grow
We have allotments in Haverhill, Bury St Edmunds and Ipswich which offer people the opportunity to learn about gardening and contribute to the creation of a thriving growing space that benefits everyone. People can also make new friends and get support from other group members.
- Haverhill – second and fourth Thursday of each month, 12.30pm – 3.30pm
- Bury St Edmunds – fortnightly on Friday mornings, 10.00am – 1.00pm
- Ipswich – first and third Thursday of each month, 10am start
- Hadleigh – fortnightly on Fridays, 10am – 1pm
Who can benefit from Suffolk Mind GreenCare
This service is for people:
- Who experience mild to moderate depression, anxiety and other common mental health problems.
- Who are in recovery.
- Who want to help build emotional resilience as a preventative measure.
- Who want to help prevent the onset of mental ill-health e.g. an episode of depression.
For more information about our GreenCare projects contact [email protected] or call 0300 111 6000. You can also complete our online referral form.