Waves: Borderline personality disorder
Unfortunately, our Waves service is currently closed for referrals
Due to funding shortages, we regret that we have closed the waiting list to all new referrals for our Waves service.
We are working with the funders to secure the funding we need to re-open the services to new referrals.
Those already in the Waves service will not be affected.
If you are in crisis, or need urgent help, please call 999, or 111 and follow the prompts – or get in touch with one of our suggested emergency contacts below.
Please take a look at our other services below, as well as the support available from other organisations.
And, if you have any queries, please contact us.
Support from other organisations
Steam House Cafe: Mental health support on your high street
Green Light Trust: “Building Health, Hope and Happiness through the Power of Nature”
Suffolk User Forum: “Your voice for mental health and emotional wellbeing”
More support options can be found in our Help Directory.
Support from other organisations
NSFT: Free workshop for carers, family and friends of someone with a personality disorder
Steam House Cafe: Mental Health Support On Your High Street
Wellbeing Norfolk & Suffolk: Mental health, wellbeing and emotional support
ActivLives: Motivating, supporting and inspiring healthier lifestyles
NHS: Mental health services
Anglia Care Trust: Multi-service charity
Suffolk InfoLink: Emotional Wellbeing Gateway (Mental Health Advice & Support Services)
Rethink: Find mental health support in your area
Autism & ADHD: a local charity providing training and support
Waves is an innovative service for people with a diagnosis of, or traits of, Borderline personality disorder (BPD). It offers weekly sessions that provide a safe, supportive and empowering environment.
The Waves service is available to participants for a 12-month period.
Please note, we are currently not taking referrals for this service.
What are traits of BPD?
BPD, sometimes referred to as EUPD (or emotionally unstable personality disorder), is a mental health condition which can affect people in some of the following ways:
- Being easily overwhelmed by strong emotions such as distress, anxiety, anger or feelings of low self-esteem
- Difficulties with emotional connection to others and struggles with personal relationships
- Seeking control over strong emotions through self-harm, including abusing alcohol, drugs, or overdosing
- Becoming very attached to someone in a short space of time, before ‘pushing’ them away before they can be let down
Do you need more support for managing your emotions?
If you are an adult with a borderline personality disorder diagnosis, or you recognise the traits in yourself, our Waves service could be right for you.
Waves gives you:
- An opportunity for you to learn new skills to help manage and understand the diagnosis to enable you to lead a fulfilling life
- Help for you to building your confidence and self-esteem
- Help for you to make positive connections and achieve personal goals
- A supportive, group working environment (not individual therapy, as staff are not trained therapists)
- An integrative programme working from the Human Givens approach, while using elements of DBT & CBT to help you reframe your ways of thinking
[Waves] really is a fantastic course. It helped me enormously and when I feel “off”, I always go straight to my Emotional Needs to work out what is wrong.
Waves service user