Due to current situation regarding COVID-19 all the Open Space groups have been suspended until further notice. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. If you are looking for support, please register with our Suffolk Night Owls service here.
Open Spaces are health and wellbeing groups run by trained staff and supported with volunteers, from NSFT, Julian Support, Richmond Fellowship, Suffolk Libraries and Suffolk Mind. It has been developed with the involvement of participants and provides social activities and mental health/wellbeing related discussions.
Open Space groups are being held at eight libraries around Suffolk and each provide different activities and discussion topics each week. A timetable for each is available on the relevant library website.
For more details about Open Spaces and for further support visit the SAGES (Suffolk, Advice, Guidance and Emotional Support) website.
Where the sessions are held
- Bury St Edmunds Library – Mondays 2pm – 4pm
- Ipswich Central Library – Wednesdays 1pm – 3pm
- Felixstowe Library – Thursdays 2pm – 4pm
- Stowmarket Library – Tuesdays 11am – 1pm
- Sudbury Library – Thursdays 12:30pm – 2:30pm
- Newmarket Library – Wednesdays 2:30pm – 4:30
- Haverhill Library – Fridays 12:30pm – 2:30pm
- Woodbridge Library – Wednesdays 2pm – 4pm
Open Space for Young People – Age 11-17 years
- Chantry Library, Ipswich – Thursdays 3:30 – 5:30
How to get involved
This is a drop-in service and there is no need to book. People are welcome to attend as a one-off or on a regular basis and can attend for part of the session if they want to.
For more information, please contact Corrina Hanley on [email protected]