Suffolk Work Well is there to help you gain, or retain, employment. The service is based in Ipswich, Felixstowe and Saxmundham.
What is Suffolk Work Well?
We know that appropriate work, combined with the right support, is good for people’s mental health. Suffolk Work Well (SWW) is a free service which aims to:
- Get people with mental health issues work ready.
- Enable people with mental health issues to gain employment.
- Help those in employment retain their employment.
Suffolk Work Well aims to provide a holistic and comprehensive support programme that can be individually tailored to meet your needs and aspirations, and to help facilitate your transition towards employment or to retain your employment. The service will enable you to understand your emotional needs in order to stay well, and to achieve and maintain your personal goals
What will I receive?
- A supportive back to work system, including access to Suffolk Mind’s Get Ready, Step Forward course, which identifies personal barriers, strengths with regard to transferable skills, stress management, building emotional resilience and confidence building.
- Holistic one to one support sessions with a dedicated Case Worker (CW) who will assist you throughout your engagement with the service and take special interest your progress. CWs will work with you to create a Personal Wellbeing Plan to help you move towards your employment goals.
- Better in work support; your CW will work with you on a one to one basis to build on your Personal Wellbeing Plan, identifying coping strategies for positive mental health at work in order to stay well and retain your employment.
How do I refer?
You can refer yourself to Suffolk Work Well through the online referral form on this page. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for a self-referral form.
You can also be referred through your Jobcentre, your HR Team, your GP, Support Worker, Care Coordinator or Psychiatrist who can email the service to gain referral forms.
If you would like to access Suffolk Work Well you must:
- Be over the age of 18.
- Have expressed an interest in seeking employment, or already be in employment.
- Be able to attend scheduled appointments.
- Be ready and able to positively engage in training, volunteering/work experience and work preparation activities.
Please note: We review a service user’s engagement regularly, if they are not engaging the service, they may be discharged.
Aubrey’s Swim in aid of Suffolk Mind (1)
Event Date: 09/11/2019Aubrey is swimming 5km at the Olympic Swimming Pool in Stratford for Suffolk Mind.
Great East Run - Danny Smy (1)
Event Date: 22/09/2019Danny is running in the Great East Run half marathon on Sunday 22nd September, covering a 13 mile route across Ipswich.
Karen Webb - Great East Run Half Marathon (1)
Event Date: 22/09/2019
I have been training for this event this year as part of an effort to get fitter and improve my mental health. I have an anxiety disorder and Suffolk Mind has been a great source of information and support for me; so I would love to repay this by contributing in my small way.
Matthew Long's Sudbury to the Sea Kayak Challenge (1)
Event Date: 14/09/2019
Matthew is kayaking from Sudbury to the coast on Saturday 14th September, all to raise money for Suffolk Mind; it is an organised event by the River Stour Trust and is 24 ½ miles over two days.
Natasha runs the London Marathon for Suffolk Mind (1)
Event Date: 26/04/2020
Natasha Miles is our first ever Suffolk Mind marathon runner and she's running in memory of her partner, Nick Dinsdale.
Red Gables supporting Suffolk Mind (1)
Event Date: 23/11/2019On Saturday 23rd November, 12pm - 4pm, Red Gables is putting on a fantastic event including live music, a raffle and bric-a-brac all for Suffolk Mind.
RED January (1)
Event Date: 01/01/2020Sponsor our REDers who are challenging themselves to get active every day, their way this January.
Ska'd 4life (1)
Event Date: 09/11/2019
The band Ska'd 4life are hosting a fundraising dance on Saturday 9th November to raise money and awareness for Suffolk Mind.
Start a smile (1)
Event Date:Jade Berry at the Purple Pumpkin Creative Studio will be hosting quarterly events for people to paint a small item like a tile, start or heart for someone who's having a hard time. All the proceeds will go to Suffolk Mind.
Suffolk County Council Chairman’s Charity (5)
We are delighted that the Chairman of the Suffolk County Council, Councillor James Finch, has chosen Suffolk Mind as his charity of the year, helping us in our aim of making Suffolk the best place in the world for talking about and taking care of mental health.
Suffolk Food Hall (1)
The team at the Suffolk Food Hall have chosen Suffolk Mind as one of their chosen charities of the year for 2019 and are supporting us with many events and activities throughout the year.
TMJ Interiors was established in 1981, and has become a leader in specialist joinery and the interior fit-out industry. We manufacture and install quality joinery for the commercial, residential and specialist sectors, and we pride ourselves on our highly skilled and dedicated team. This year, we