Suffolk Work Well is there to help you gain, or retain, employment. The service is based in Ipswich, Felixstowe and Saxmundham.
What is Suffolk Work Well?
We know that appropriate work, combined with the right support, is good for people’s mental health. Suffolk Work Well (SWW) is a free service which aims to:
- Get people with mental health issues work ready.
- Enable people with mental health issues to gain employment.
- Help those in employment retain their employment.
Suffolk Work Well aims to provide a holistic and comprehensive support programme that can be individually tailored to meet your needs and aspirations, and to help facilitate your transition towards employment or to retain your employment. The service will enable you to understand your emotional needs in order to stay well, and to achieve and maintain your personal goals
What will I receive?
- A supportive back to work system, including access to Suffolk Mind’s Get Ready, Step Forward course, which identifies personal barriers, strengths with regard to transferable skills, stress management, building emotional resilience and confidence building.
- Holistic one to one support sessions with a dedicated Case Worker (CW) who will assist you throughout your engagement with the service and take special interest your progress. CWs will work with you to create a Personal Wellbeing Plan to help you move towards your employment goals.
- Better in work support; your CW will work with you on a one to one basis to build on your Personal Wellbeing Plan, identifying coping strategies for positive mental health at work in order to stay well and retain your employment.
How do I refer?
You can refer yourself to Suffolk Work Well through the online referral form on this page. You can also email email@example.com to ask for a self-referral form.
You can also be referred through your Jobcentre, your HR Team, your GP, Support Worker, Care Coordinator or Psychiatrist who can email the service to gain referral forms.
If you would like to access Suffolk Work Well you must:
- Be over the age of 18.
- Have expressed an interest in seeking employment, or already be in employment.
- Be able to attend scheduled appointments.
- Be ready and able to positively engage in training, volunteering/work experience and work preparation activities.
Please note: We review a service user’s engagement regularly, if they are not engaging the service, they may be discharged.
Emily Burrell (1)
Event Date: 28/06/2020
Approximately 1 in 4 people in the UK suffer from mental health problems each year. So I have decided to do a skydive in aid of Suffolk Mind to try and help local people in need of support.
Fire Walk (29)
Event Date: 26/02/2020
The East of England Co-op are hosting a firewalk to raise money for Suffolk Mind, on Wednesday 26 February 2020 at Ufford Park Hotel in Woodbridge.
John West Great East Swim (1)
Event Date: 20/06/2020Support those who are supporting Suffolk Mind by taking on the John West Great East Swim on Saturday 20th June 2020.
Kelly Porter - Harwich half marathon (1)
Event Date: 05/04/2020
Kelly Porter is taking part in the Harwich half marathon for Suffolk Mind.
Natasha runs the London Marathon for Suffolk Mind (1)
Event Date: 26/04/2020
Natasha Miles is our first ever Suffolk Mind marathon runner and she's running in memory of her partner, Nick Dinsdale.
Oliver Southgate (1)
Event Date: 29/02/2020This year, my new year resolution is to help raise awareness of mental health. So what better way than to raise money for a charity that is also personally very close to me!
Red Gables supporting Suffolk Mind (1)
Event Date: 23/11/2019On Saturday 23rd November, 12pm - 4pm, Red Gables is putting on a fantastic event including live music, a raffle and bric-a-brac all for Suffolk Mind.
RED January (6)
Event Date: 01/01/2020
Sponsor our REDers who are challenging themselves to get active every day, their way this January.
Start a smile (1)
Event Date:Jade Berry at the Purple Pumpkin Creative Studio will be hosting quarterly events for people to paint a small item like a tile, start or heart for someone who's having a hard time. All the proceeds will go to Suffolk Mind.
Suffolk County Council Chairman’s Charity (5)
We are delighted that the Chairman of the Suffolk County Council, Councillor James Finch, has chosen Suffolk Mind as his charity of the year, helping us in our aim of making Suffolk the best place in the world for talking about and taking care of mental health.
Suffolk Food Hall (1)
The team at the Suffolk Food Hall have chosen Suffolk Mind as one of their chosen charities of the year for 2019 and are supporting us with many events and activities throughout the year.
TMJ Interiors was established in 1981, and has become a leader in specialist joinery and the interior fit-out industry. We manufacture and install quality joinery for the commercial, residential and specialist sectors, and we pride ourselves on our highly skilled and dedicated team. This year, we