Suffolk Work Well is there to help you gain, or retain, employment.
What is Suffolk Work Well?
We know that appropriate work, combined with the right support, is good for people’s mental health. Suffolk Work Well (SWW) is a free service which aims to:
- Get people with mental health issues work ready.
- Enable people with mental health issues to gain employment or access education services
- Help those in employment retain their employment.
Suffolk Work Well aims to provide a holistic and comprehensive support programme that can be individually tailored to meet your needs and aspirations, and to help facilitate your transition towards employment or to retain your employment. The service will enable you to understand your emotional needs in order to stay well, and to achieve and maintain your personal goals.
What will I receive?
- A confidential, supportive back to work system, including access to (via becoming a Friend of Suffolk Mind) our Your Needs Met workshop which identifies your physical and emotional needs and hence personal barriers & strengths to build emotional resilience and confidence building.
- Holistic one to one support sessions with a dedicated Case Worker (CW) who will assist you throughout your engagement with the service and take special interest your progress. CWs will work with you to create a Personal Wellbeing Plan to help you move towards your employment goals.
- Better in work support; your CW will work with you on a one to one basis to build on your Personal Wellbeing Plan, identifying coping strategies for positive mental health at work in order to stay well and retain your employment. Your CW will, if applicable and required, collaborate with individual employers, managers, and HR teams around your wellbeing.
Support is for a 13-week period and currently provided remotely. Some limited face-to-face support may be optional in our Bury St Edmunds, Felixstowe, Saxmundham or Ipswich locations.
How do I refer?
You can also be referred through your Jobcentre, your HR Team, your GP, Support Worker, Care Coordinator or Psychiatrist who can refer on your behalf via the online referral form.
If you would like to access Suffolk Work Well you must:
- Be over the age of 18.
- Have expressed an interest in seeking employment, or already be in employment.
- Be able to attend scheduled appointments.
- Be ready and able to positively engage in training, volunteering/work experience and work preparation activities.
- Reside within Suffolk
Please note: We review a service user’s engagement regularly, if they are not engaging the service, they may be discharged.