Suffolk Work Well is there to help you gain, or retain, employment. The service is based in both Ipswich and Felixstowe.
What is Suffolk Work Well?
We know that appropriate work, combined with the right support, is good for people’s mental health. Suffolk Work Well (SWW) is a free service which aims to:
- Get people with mental health issues work ready.
- Enable people with mental health issues to gain employment.
- Help those in employment retain their employment.
Suffolk Work Well aims to provide a holistic and comprehensive support programme that can be individually tailored to meet your needs and aspirations, and to help facilitate your transition towards employment or to retain your employment. The service will enable you to understand your emotional needs in order to stay well, and to achieve and maintain your personal goals
What will I receive?
- A supportive back to work system, including access to Suffolk Mind’s Get Ready, Step Forward course, which identifies personal barriers, strengths with regard to transferable skills, stress management, building emotional resilience and confidence building.
- Holistic one to one support sessions with a dedicated Case Worker (CW) who will assist you throughout your engagement with the service and take special interest your progress. CWs will work with you to create a Personal Wellbeing Plan to help you move towards your employment goals.
- Better in work support; your CW will work with you on a one to one basis to build on your Personal Wellbeing Plan, identifying coping strategies for positive mental health at work in order to stay well and retain your employment.
How do I refer?
You can refer yourself to Suffolk Work Well through the online referral form on this page. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for a self-referral form.
You can also be referred through your Jobcentre, your HR Team, your GP, Support Worker, Care Coordinator or Psychiatrist who can email the service to gain referral forms.
If you would like to access Suffolk Work Well you must:
- Be over the age of 18.
- Have expressed an interest in seeking employment, or already be in employment.
- Be able to attend scheduled appointments.
- Be ready and able to positively engage in training, volunteering/work experience and work preparation activities.
Please note: We review a service user’s engagement regularly, if they are not engaging the service, they may be discharged.
24 hour Cycle Challenge (1)
Event Date: 01/02/2019
Avid Spring Climbing Competition (1)
Event Date: 30/03/2019
We are a new climbing wall in Ipswich and are holding our spring climbing competition on Saturday 30th March, 1pm - 5pm.
Bury St Edmunds Round Table Three Peaks Challenge 2019 (1)
Event Date: 29/06/2019
Bury St Edmunds Round Table Three Peaks Challenge 2019
Bypass Nurseries BIG Weekend 1st & 2nd June 2019 (1)
Event Date: 01/06/2019Bypass Nurseries are hosting their BIG Weekend on Saturday 1st and Sunday 2nd June 2019. There will be lots of special activities and offers throughout the weekend, including storytelling and meeting some of the reptiles and a special guest hedgehog for the children. There will also be a prize draw,
Charity Football Match: Ipswich Town FC Women (1)
Event Date: 12/05/2019
MTG Charity Game Day (1)
Event Date: 16/02/2019
Gaming and socializing for a good cause.
Orwell Challenge (1)
Event Date: 23/06/2019If you love the Suffolk Countryside and would like to support Suffolk Mind, then why not take on the Orwell Challenge and fundraise for Suffolk Mind at the same time?
RED January 2019 (24)
Event Date: 01/01/2019
RED January is a fun initiative that encourages you to support your own mental health by doing something active every single day. Some people are also raising money for Suffolk Mind whilst they do it. If you can't find your friend on here, they may be fundraising on Just Giving.
Suffolk County Council Chairman’s Charity (1)
We are delighted that the Chairman of the Suffolk County Council, Councillor James Finch, has chosen Suffolk Mind as his charity of the year, helping us in our aim of making Suffolk the best place in the world for talking about and taking care of mental health.
Suffolk Food Hall (1)
The team at the Suffolk Food Hall have chosen Suffolk Mind as one of their chosen charities of the year for 2019 and are supporting us with many events and activities throughout the year.
The 24 hour Suffolk Mind walk (2)
Event Date: 22/06/2019
I am currently training in respiratory medicine and general medicine at Ipswich hospital. I wanted to do something challenging both physically and mentally to raise awareness of mental health at the hospital. I have teamed up with Suffolk Mind who I feel do a fantastic job in the community.
TMJ Interiors was established in 1981, and has become a leader in specialist joinery and the interior fit-out industry. We manufacture and install quality joinery for the commercial, residential and specialist sectors, and we pride ourselves on our highly skilled and dedicated team. This year, we
Walk This Way (1)
Support this new initiative that raises awareness and funding for local mental health agencies in our area, including Suffolk Mind.