Suffolk Work Well is there to help you gain, or retain, employment. The service is based in both Ipswich and Felixstowe.
What is Suffolk Work Well?
We know that appropriate work, combined with the right support, is good for people’s mental health. Suffolk Work Well (SWW) is a
free service which aims to:
- Get people with mental health issues work ready.
- Enable people with mental health issues to gain employment.
- Help those in employment retain their employment.
Suffolk Work Well aims to provide a holistic and comprehensive support programme that can be individually tailored to meet your needs and aspirations, and to help facilitate your transition towards employment or to retain your employment. The service will enable you to understand your emotional needs in order to stay well, and to achieve and maintain your personal goals
What will I receive?
- A supportive back to work system, including access to Suffolk Mind’s Get Ready, Step Forward course, which identifies personal barriers, strengths with regard to transferable skills, stress management, building emotional resilience and confidence building.
- Holistic one to one support sessions with a dedicated Case Worker (CW) who will assist you throughout your engagement with the
service and take special interest your progress. CWs will work with you to create a Personal Wellbeing Plan to help you move towards your employment goals.
- Better in work support; your CW will work with you on a one to one basis to build on your Personal Wellbeing Plan, identifying coping
strategies for positive mental health at work in order to stay well and retain your employment.
How do I refer?
You can refer yourself to Suffolk Work Well through the online referral form on this page. You can also email email@example.com to ask for a self-referral form.
You can also be referred through your Jobcentre, your HR Team, your GP, Support Worker, Care Coordinator or Psychiatrist who can email the service to gain referral forms.
If you would like to access Suffolk Work Well you must:
- Be over the age of 18.
- Have expressed an interest in seeking employment, or already be in employment.
- Be able to attend scheduled appointments.
- Be ready and able to positively engage in training, volunteering/work experience and work preparation activities.
Please note: We review a service user’s engagement regularly, if they are not engaging the service, they may be discharged.
MTG Charity Game Day (1)
Event Date: 16/02/2019
Gaming and socializing for a good cause.
RED January 2019 (24)
Event Date: 01/01/2019
RED January is a fun initiative that encourages you to support your own mental health by doing something active every single day. Some people are also raising money for Suffolk Mind whilst they do it. If you can't find your friend on here, they may be fundraising on Just Giving.
The Suffolk Food Hall 7 day run (1)
Event Date: 14/01/2018
Team running 24 miles a day for a week on treadmill at Suffolk Food Hall