Sammy the Sea Squirt Movement Sessions (EYFS, KS1 and SEND)
Suffolk Mind offers a Sammy the Sea Squirt mental health and movement session that encourages children to link the benefits of movement with good mental health based on Suffolk Mind’s first story book.
• Introduction- What is mental health? We all have mental health because we all have a brain!
• Teaching – how movement helps our mental health
• Reading of Sammy the Sea Squirt by our Children and Young People’s Trainer
• Movement session – movements matched to the characters in the book. The movements are fully inclusive and accessible for those with limited movement
• Visual & kinaesthetic – storytelling with instruments and Makaton signing
• Mindful breathing – how to calm our brain with breath
• Resources to leave with you to further learning (including movement dice, worksheets, lesson ideas)
These sessions are lead by Louise, a qualified Primary School Teacher and Suffolk Mind’s Children and Young People’s Trainer.
Length: Half day
Attendees: Two classes
Please contact [email protected] to enquire