Suffolk Mind Rainbow Run 2023
10 Oct 2023
Join our Rainbow Run 2023: a junior cross-country colour run to raise mental health awareness
In association with Kesgrave High School
Suffolk Mind and Kesgrave High School welcome teams from Year 5 and Year 6 to join us at KHS for their annual cross country run, this time with a colourful twist and an important message!
Marking World Mental Health Day
To raise awareness of the importance of mental health – and the vital services Suffolk Mind offer – our Rainbow Run 2023 will take place on World Mental Health Day (10 October 2023).
Suffolk Mind staff will be on hand throughout the event to add a little bit of colour, lots of fun, and plenty of information too.
What is the Rainbow Run?
For this year’s 2023 cross country event, we invite children to dress in different coloured t-shirts – red, blue, green, yellow, orange or whatever they’d like!
We hope to see all colours of the rainbow on the course on the day. Whether children attend to complete (challenge themselves to complete the course) or compete (aim to achieve a leading time), the choice is theirs. Kesgrave High School can provide more information.
We would love schools to encourage children to have their run sponsored this year, to help raise vital funds for our services across Suffolk.
They can do this in either of two ways:
- Download our sponsorship form and ask friends and family to sponsor them
- Create a Suffolk Mind Giving page for your school and ask people to donate directly to the page
However, fundraising for this event is completely optional and is not a condition of entry. Any support is gratefully appreciated.
How raising funds can help Suffolk Mind
Here are a few examples of the ways that fundraising through our Rainbow Run can support our services:
- 16 children raising £5 each could enable us to fund one counselling session for someone over 18
- 16 children raising £10 each could enable us to take two Sammy the Sea Squirt Movement Sessions into primary schools
- 16 children raising £10 each could help us to provide one Life Hacks for the Teenage Brain session for a secondary school
A chance to win a prize for your school
The winning school with the aggregated fastest time across participating teams will take away the Suffolk Mind Rainbow Run trophy for 2023, to hold at their school until next year’s event.
In addition, any school raising £200 or more will be entered into a prize draw to win:
- a free assembly about children and young people’s mental health, delivered by Suffolk Mind
- a visit from Tannin, Suffolk Mind’s red dragon mascot, to teach pupils about mindful breathing for their wellbeing
How do I take part in the Suffolk Mind Rainbow Run 2023?
This is a closed event for feeder schools of Kesgrave High School only. Invitations will be sent out to schools at the start of the autumn term.
If you have any queries, or would like to discuss hosting a charity colour run for your school community, please contact the Fundraising team.