One in four of us and at least one in six employees will suffer from mild-to-moderate mental ill health at some point – without counting those affected by ongoing stress. So it’s not surprising that line managers are more likely to find themselves dealing with an issue concerning mental ill health.
Managers are often unsure and lacking in confidence when someone presents with insomnia, stress, anxiety or more severe mental ill health. Unsurprisingly they don’t know how to proceed and fear making the situation worse.
The knowledge and skills gained from attending this course give people the confidence they need to handle conversations around mental health. Using the RIGAAR model has benefits for all 1-2-1 situations, regardless of whether mental wellbeing is discussed.
Course delegates gain knowledge of:
- The seven essential elements of any effective one-to-one meeting.
- How to work safely – the RIGAAR model.
- The essential communication skills to take the heat out of a challenging conversation.
- Putting ‘reasonable adjustments’ into place to support good mental health – and avoiding costly tribunals.
- How to minimise and reduce distress.
- How to maximise employee motivation and confidence.
I have needed a course like this for a long-time. The language skills and the RIGAAR model especially will give me confidence to do the right thing when supporting staff mental health. Thank you!
Statutory Services Manager
To book call 01284 338811 or email [email protected]