To attend this course, you must have completed Your Needs Met beforehand.
Using the Emotional Needs and Resources model, these sessions are to support people to enable them to maintain their own emotional health, be well resourced and more resilient.
In the sessions you can discuss specific personal or work challenges that you can talk about comfortably without breaching anonymity – reflecting on the challenge and how you can meet you own and help other people to meet their needs.
These sessions include:
- Discussing issues either at work or in your personal life and finding out what needs are not being met
- Explore ways to meet these unmet needs and develop an action plan
- Support and talk through ideas from both peers and a Suffolk Mind Emotional Needs trainer
- Virtual interactive course with resources including a PDF Meeting Emotional Needs in Practice manual to print out for your notes and action plans
- These sessions can be one off or part of a programme
How is this course delivered?
This 2 hour interactive reflective group session over Zoom is for up to 10 people and facilitated by a qualified Emotional Needs Trainer.
I found the Emotional Needs in Practice workshop offered by Suffolk Mind really helpful and informative. I found it useful not only in thinking about my own met/unmet needs and those of family and friends, but also of client families, volunteers, and colleagues. It’s a new, clear way of thinking that really helped me understand different people’s reactions to the current situation, and think about how I can meet my own and other people’s needs more.