Waves is an innovative service for people with a diagnosis of or traits of, Borderline Personality Disorder. It offers a weekly staffed facility in Bury St Edmunds, Ipswich Felixstowe and Haverhill, providing a safe, supportive and empowering environment. The Waves service is available to clients for a 12 month period and offers:
- The chance for people to learn new skills in order to help themselves maintain their own mental wellbeing.
- Help to individuals in building their confidence and self-esteem.
- Help to clients to make positive connections and achieve personal goals.
What is Borderline Personality Disorder?
Borderline personality disorders are mental health conditions which affect people in some of the following ways:
- Being easily overwhelmed by strong Emotions such as distress, anxiety, anger or feelings of low self-esteem;
- Avoiding other people and feeling a lack of Emotional Connection with other people;
- Seeking Control over strong Emotions through self-harm (for example, abusing drugs and alcohol, or taking overdoses) or, in rare cases, threatening other people; and
- By becoming very attached to someone in a short space of time, before ‘pushing’ them away before they can be let down.
How to join Waves
If you would like to talk to someone about the service or are interested in going on a waiting list, please get in touch:
Call us on 0300 111 6000, email us at email@example.com or complete our online referral form at the top of this page.
Waves for Workers
Waves for Workers is a five month course specifically designed for those with a diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorder who are in employment.
The focus is around Life Skills designed to help each person positively manage their diagnosis while maintaining their employment.
Waves for Workers aims to provide a safe and supportive environment that will enable each individual to reach their own goals and learn how to meet their emotional needs. We will focus on:
- Understanding and managing Borderline Personality Disorder
- Anxiety management
- Self harm
- Understanding relationships
- Understanding emotional needs
- Boundaries in the workplace
- Confidence and self esteem in the workplace
- Managing time and routine
- Managing assertiveness
Waves for Workers is a six month pilot project which is now closed for referrals. If you are in employment and require support please contact Suffolk Work Well on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Great East Run - Danny Smy (1)
Event Date: 22/09/2019Danny is running in the Great East Run half marathon on Sunday 22nd September, covering a 13 mile route across Ipswich.
Karen Webb - Great East Run Half Marathon (1)
Event Date: 22/09/2019
I have been training for this event this year as part of an effort to get fitter and improve my mental health. I have an anxiety disorder and Suffolk Mind has been a great source of information and support for me; so I would love to repay this by contributing in my small way.
Matthew Long's Sudbury to the Sea Kayak Challenge (1)
Event Date: 14/09/2019
Matthew is kayaking from Sudbury to the coast on Saturday 14th September, all to raise money for Suffolk Mind; it is an organised event by the River Stour Trust and is 24 ½ miles over two days.
Ska'd 4life (1)
Event Date: 09/11/2019
The band Ska'd 4life are hosting a fundraising dance on Saturday 9th November to raise money and awareness for Suffolk Mind.
Suffolk County Council Chairman’s Charity (5)
We are delighted that the Chairman of the Suffolk County Council, Councillor James Finch, has chosen Suffolk Mind as his charity of the year, helping us in our aim of making Suffolk the best place in the world for talking about and taking care of mental health.
Suffolk Food Hall (1)
The team at the Suffolk Food Hall have chosen Suffolk Mind as one of their chosen charities of the year for 2019 and are supporting us with many events and activities throughout the year.
TMJ Interiors was established in 1981, and has become a leader in specialist joinery and the interior fit-out industry. We manufacture and install quality joinery for the commercial, residential and specialist sectors, and we pride ourselves on our highly skilled and dedicated team. This year, we