Waves is an innovative service for people with a diagnosis of or traits of, Borderline Personality Disorder. It currently offers a weekly online facility, providing a safe, supportive and empowering environment. The Waves service is available to clients for a 12 month period and offers:
- The chance for people to learn new skills in order to help themselves maintain their own mental wellbeing.
- Help to individuals in building their confidence and self-esteem.
- Help to clients to make positive connections and achieve personal goals.
What is Borderline Personality Disorder?
Borderline personality disorders are mental health conditions which affect people in some of the following ways:
- Being easily overwhelmed by strong Emotions such as distress, anxiety, anger or feelings of low self-esteem;
- Avoiding other people and feeling a lack of Emotional Connection with other people;
- Seeking Control over strong Emotions through self-harm (for example, abusing drugs and alcohol, or taking overdoses) or, in rare cases, threatening other people; and
- By becoming very attached to someone in a short space of time, before ‘pushing’ them away before they can be let down.
How to join Waves
If you would like to talk to someone about the service or are interested in going on a waiting list, please get in touch: