Waves is an innovative service for people with a diagnosis of or traits of, Borderline Personality Disorder. It offers a weekly staffed facility in Bury St Edmunds, Ipswich Felixstowe and Haverhill, providing a safe, supportive and empowering environment. The Waves service is available to clients for a 12 month period and offers:
- The chance for people to learn new skills in order to help themselves maintain their own mental wellbeing.
- Help to individuals in building their confidence and self-esteem.
- Help to clients to make positive connections and achieve personal goals.
What is Borderline Personality Disorder?
Borderline personality disorders are mental health conditions which affect people in some of the following ways:
- Being easily overwhelmed by strong Emotions such as distress, anxiety, anger or feelings of low self-esteem;
- Avoiding other people and feeling a lack of Emotional Connection with other people;
- Seeking Control over strong Emotions through self-harm (for example, abusing drugs and alcohol, or taking overdoses) or, in rare cases, threatening other people; and
- By becoming very attached to someone in a short space of time, before ‘pushing’ them away before they can be let down.
How to join Waves
If you would like to talk to someone about the service or are interested in going on a waiting list, please get in touch:
Call us on 0300 111 6000, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or complete our online referral form at the top of this page.
Waves for Workers
Waves for Workers is a five month course specifically designed for those with a diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorder who are in employment.
The focus is around Life Skills designed to help each person positively manage their diagnosis while maintaining their employment.
Waves for Workers aims to provide a safe and supportive environment that will enable each individual to reach their own goals and learn how to meet their emotional needs. We will focus on:
- Understanding and managing Borderline Personality Disorder
- Anxiety management
- Self harm
- Understanding relationships
- Understanding emotional needs
- Boundaries in the workplace
- Confidence and self esteem in the workplace
- Managing time and routine
- Managing assertiveness
Waves for Workers is a six month pilot project which is now closed for referrals. If you are in employment and require support please contact Suffolk Work Well on email@example.com.
Aubrey’s Swim in aid of Suffolk Mind (1)
Event Date: 09/11/2019Aubrey is swimming 5km at the Olympic Swimming Pool in Stratford for Suffolk Mind.
Fire Walk (4)
Event Date: 26/02/2020
The East of England Co-op are hosting a firewalk to raise money for Suffolk Mind, on Wednesday 26 February 2020 at Ufford Park Hotel in Woodbridge.
Natasha runs the London Marathon for Suffolk Mind (1)
Event Date: 26/04/2020
Natasha Miles is our first ever Suffolk Mind marathon runner and she's running in memory of her partner, Nick Dinsdale.
Red Gables supporting Suffolk Mind (1)
Event Date: 23/11/2019On Saturday 23rd November, 12pm - 4pm, Red Gables is putting on a fantastic event including live music, a raffle and bric-a-brac all for Suffolk Mind.
RED January (2)
Event Date: 01/01/2020
Sponsor our REDers who are challenging themselves to get active every day, their way this January.
Start a smile (1)
Event Date:Jade Berry at the Purple Pumpkin Creative Studio will be hosting quarterly events for people to paint a small item like a tile, start or heart for someone who's having a hard time. All the proceeds will go to Suffolk Mind.
Suffolk County Council Chairman’s Charity (5)
We are delighted that the Chairman of the Suffolk County Council, Councillor James Finch, has chosen Suffolk Mind as his charity of the year, helping us in our aim of making Suffolk the best place in the world for talking about and taking care of mental health.
Suffolk Food Hall (1)
The team at the Suffolk Food Hall have chosen Suffolk Mind as one of their chosen charities of the year for 2019 and are supporting us with many events and activities throughout the year.
TMJ Interiors was established in 1981, and has become a leader in specialist joinery and the interior fit-out industry. We manufacture and install quality joinery for the commercial, residential and specialist sectors, and we pride ourselves on our highly skilled and dedicated team. This year, we