Waves is an innovative service for people with a diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorder. It offers a fortnightly staffed facility in Bury St Edmunds and Ipswich, providing a safe, supportive and empowering environment. Waves also provides a fortnightly facilitated peer support group. The Waves service is available to clients for a 12 month period and offers:
- Positive activities to individuals who are ready to work on new skills in order to help themselves maintain their own mental wellbeing.
- Help to individuals in building their confidence and self-esteem.
- Help to clients to make positive connections and achieve personal goals.
What is Borderline Personality Disorder?
Borderline personality disorders are mental health conditions which affect people in some of the following ways:
- Being easily overwhelmed by strong Emotions such as distress, anxiety, anger or feelings of low self-esteem;
- Avoiding other people and feeling a lack of Emotional Connection with other people;
- Seeking Control over strong Emotions through self-harm (for example, abusing drugs and alcohol, or taking overdoses) or, in rare cases, threatening other people; and
- By becoming very attached to someone in a short space of time, before ‘pushing’ them away before they can be let down.
How to join Waves
If you would like to talk to someone about the service or are interested in going on a waiting list, please get in touch:
Call us on 0300 111 6000, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or complete our online referral form at the top of this page.
Waves for Workers
Waves for Workers is a five month course specifically designed for those with a diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorder who are in employment.
This pilot project will begin in Autumn 2018 and run between 6pm and 9pm at Quay Place, Ipswich. The focus is around Life Skills designed to help each person positively manage their diagnosis while maintaining their employment.
Waves for Workers aims to provide a safe and supportive environment that will enable each individual to reach their own goals and learn how to meet their emotional needs. We will focus on:
- Understanding and managing Borderline Personality Disorder
- Anxiety management
- Self harm
- Understanding relationships
- Understanding emotional needs
- Boundaries in the workplace
- Confidence and self esteem in the workplace
- Managing time and routine
- Managing assertiveness
To self-refer, or to find out more information please email email@example.com.
The Suffolk Food Hall 7 day run (1)
Event Date: 14/01/2018
Team running 24 miles a day for a week on treadmill at Suffolk Food Hall
Windsor & Eton Half Marathon (1)
Event Date: 17/11/201812 of Jordan's closest mates are going to be running the Windsor and Eaton Half Marathon on Saturday 17th November to raise awareness and help people who are going through what Jordan did; hopefully we can make an impact and do Jordan proud.