Waves is an innovative service for people with a diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorder. It offers a fortnightly staffed facility in Bury St Edmunds and Ipswich, providing a safe, supportive and empowering environment. Waves also provides a fortnightly facilitated peer support group. The Waves service is available to clients for a 12 month period and offers:
- Positive activities to individuals who are ready to work on new skills in order to help themselves maintain their own mental wellbeing.
- Help to individuals in building their confidence and self-esteem.
- Help to clients to make positive connections and achieve personal goals.
What is Borderline Personality Disorder?
Borderline personality disorders are mental health conditions which affect people in some of the following ways:
- Being easily overwhelmed by strong Emotions such as distress, anxiety, anger or feelings of low self-esteem;
- Avoiding other people and feeling a lack of Emotional Connection with other people;
- Seeking Control over strong Emotions through self-harm (for example, abusing drugs and alcohol, or taking overdoses) or, in rare cases, threatening other people; and
- By becoming very attached to someone in a short space of time, before ‘pushing’ them away before they can be let down.
How to join Waves
If you would like to talk to someone about the service or are interested in going on a waiting list, please get in touch:
Call us on 0300 111 6000, email us at email@example.com or complete our online referral form at the top of this page.
Waves for Workers
Waves for Workers is a five month course specifically designed for those with a diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorder who are in employment.
The focus is around Life Skills designed to help each person positively manage their diagnosis while maintaining their employment.
Waves for Workers aims to provide a safe and supportive environment that will enable each individual to reach their own goals and learn how to meet their emotional needs. We will focus on:
- Understanding and managing Borderline Personality Disorder
- Anxiety management
- Self harm
- Understanding relationships
- Understanding emotional needs
- Boundaries in the workplace
- Confidence and self esteem in the workplace
- Managing time and routine
- Managing assertiveness
Waves for Workers is a six month pilot project which is now closed for referrals. If you are in employment and require support please contact Suffolk Work Well on firstname.lastname@example.org.
MTG Charity Game Day (1)
Event Date: 16/02/2019
Gaming and socializing for a good cause.
RED January 2019 (24)
Event Date: 01/01/2019
RED January is a fun initiative that encourages you to support your own mental health by doing something active every single day. Some people are also raising money for Suffolk Mind whilst they do it. If you can't find your friend on here, they may be fundraising on Just Giving.
The Suffolk Food Hall 7 day run (1)
Event Date: 14/01/2018
Team running 24 miles a day for a week on treadmill at Suffolk Food Hall