As any gardener will tell you, getting outdoors into the fresh air is great for your physical and mental wellbeing. We call this ecotherapy.
It improves people’s physical and mental health by gently increasing their activity levels, working alongside others.
Improve your wellbeing by joining Get Up & Grow
We have allotments in Hadleigh, Haverhill, Bury St Edmunds and Ipswich which offer people the opportunity to learn about gardening and contribute to the creation of a thriving growing space that benefits everyone. People can also make new friends and get support from other group members.
- Haverhill – Thursday afternoon, 12.30pm – 3.30pm
- Hadleigh – Friday morning, 10.00am – 1.00pm
- Bury St Edmunds – Friday morning, 10.00am – 1.00pm
- Ipswich – first Thursday of each month, 10am start
Who can benefit from Suffolk Mind ecotherapy
This service is for people:
- Who experience mild to moderate depression, anxiety and other common mental health problems.
- Who are in recovery.
- Who want to help build emotional resilience as a preventative measure.
- Who want to help prevent the onset of mental ill-health e.g. an episode of depression.
For more information about our ecotherapy projects contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0300 111 6000. You can also complete our online referral form.
MTG Charity Game Day (1)
Event Date: 16/02/2019
Gaming and socializing for a good cause.
RED January 2019 (24)
Event Date: 01/01/2019
RED January is a fun initiative that encourages you to support your own mental health by doing something active every single day. Some people are also raising money for Suffolk Mind whilst they do it. If you can't find your friend on here, they may be fundraising on Just Giving.
The Suffolk Food Hall 7 day run (1)
Event Date: 14/01/2018
Team running 24 miles a day for a week on treadmill at Suffolk Food Hall