As any gardener will tell you, getting outdoors into the fresh air is great for your physical and mental wellbeing. We call this ecotherapy.
It improves people’s physical and mental health by gently increasing their activity levels, working alongside others.
Improve your wellbeing by joining Get Up & Grow
We have allotments in Hadleigh, Haverhill, Newmarket, Bury St Edmunds and Ipswich which offer people the opportunity to learn about gardening and contribute to the creation of a thriving growing space that benefits everyone. People can also make new friends and get support from other group members.
- Newmarket – Tuesday afternoon, 12.30pm – 3.30pm
- Haverhill – Thursday afternoon, 12.30pm – 3.30pm
- Hadleigh – Friday morning, 10.00am – 1.00pm
- Bury St Edmunds – Friday morning, 10.00am – 1.00pm
- Ipswich – first Thursday of each month, 10am start
Who can benefit from Suffolk Mind ecotherapy
This service is for people:
- Who experience mild to moderate depression, anxiety and other common mental health problems.
- Who are in recovery.
- Who want to help build emotional resilience as a preventative measure.
- Who want to help prevent the onset of mental ill-health e.g. an episode of depression.
For more information about our ecotherapy projects contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0300 111 6000. You can also complete our online referral form.
The Suffolk Food Hall 7 day run (1)
Event Date: 14/01/2018
Team running 24 miles a day for a week on treadmill at Suffolk Food Hall
Windsor & Eton Half Marathon (1)
Event Date: 17/11/201812 of Jordan's closest mates are going to be running the Windsor and Eaton Half Marathon on Saturday 17th November to raise awareness and help people who are going through what Jordan did; hopefully we can make an impact and do Jordan proud.