Suffolk County Council Chairman’s Charity
We are delighted that the Chairman of the Suffolk County Council, Councillor James Finch, has chosen Suffolk Mind as his charity of the year, helping us in our aim of making Suffolk the best place in the world for talking about and taking care of mental health.
This year James wants to:
- Raise awareness of Suffolk Mind across the county, so that more people benefit from the support we can offer.
- Provide a wide range of activities and events in which all residents can support and participate, including the creation of the first countywide Youth Choir in Suffolk.
- Raise funds for Suffolk Mind, helping to maintain our success well into the future.
You can help!
Walk with James
Sign up to take part in a sponsored walk along the Stour Valley Path with James himself. All you need to do is choose a date from the walks below, and complete this form and we will set up your own giving page, so you can raise money for Suffolk Mind.
For those of you that would like to support James, but can’t take part in a walk, you can donate straight to Suffolk Mind below. You can also donate via text: to donate £5, text CHAIRMAN to 70970 or to donate £10, text CHAIRMAN to 70191.
Walk your own walk
For those of you who want to challenge yourself and walk another route anywhere else in Suffolk (or in fact the world), whilst raising money for Suffolk Mind, you can do that too. All you need to do is complete this form, and we will set you up a giving page to help you raise money for Suffolk Mind. There are also more details about #WalkingforSuffolkMind here.
James will be completing 10 walks this year, walking with sponsored companions from Newmarket to Cattawade over the summer:
- Saturday 22nd June, Newmarket to Stetchworth, 5 miles
- Saturday 6th July, Stetchworth to Great Bradley, 4.5 miles
- Friday 19th July, Great Bradley to Kedington, 5.7 miles
- Tuesday 6th August, Kedington to Clare, 8 miles
- Friday 16th August, Clare to Long Melford, 8.5 miles
- Saturday 31st August, Long Melford to Great Henny, 7 miles
- Friday 13th September, Great Henny to Wormingford, 6 miles
- Friday 27th September, Wormingford to Stoke-by-Nayland, 6.5 miles
- Saturday 12th October, Stoke-by-Nayland to Stratford St Mary, 5.2 miles
- Friday 25th October, Stratford St Mary to Cattawade, 4.5 miles
For more details of the Stour Valley Path Walks, click here.
Other ways to get involved
James will be working with schools across Suffolk and the County Music Service to create a Suffolk Youth Choir; which will hold a performance alongside the Suffolk Youth Orchestral at a Festival Concert at Snape Maltings next year. If you are interested in applying, or would like more information for a friend or family member email email@example.com.
A Civic service for Suffolk in St Edmundsbury Cathedral, a service of choral evensong with an extended choir to raise awareness and give thanks for what Suffolk residents do “beyond the call of duty” supporting their communities – Sunday, 26th January 2020 at 3.30pm – everyone is welcome.
There will also be the usual quizzes and other fundraising events.
Sponsor James and donate to Suffolk Mind here: