CARES open course
We are offering an open CARES course to the public, which will be held interactively.
Our next course starts in September 2022, and comprises the following eight modules:
- 15th September, 9am to 1pm – Your Needs Met
- 28th September, 9am to 3pm – Working effectively with the human brain: The APET Model
- 11th October, 9am to 12pm – Understanding the Mental Health Continuum
- 18th October, 9am to 1.30pm – Effective Communication for Wellbeing
- 8th November, 9am to 4pm – A framework for supporting wellbeing: The RIGAAR Model
- 23rd November, 9am to 3pm – Suicide & Self Harm
- 8th December, 9am to 12.30pm – Cycle of Addiction
- 8th December, 1pm to 4pm – Ethics & Wellbeing
Please note, you will need to attend every session to receive a course completion certificate.
For further details, contact [email protected]
I will definitely be recommending this programme to colleagues, and also to my wider HR network. I wish I had this training years ago!
Andrea Webb, HR Partner at Willis Towers Watson
What the course is about
Working in the voluntary and public sector service as well as within the HR team in a business or within a school setting, we know that it is rare for somebody to present with a single issue – people are complex and present with a variety of overlapping needs. The distress caused by these unmet needs increases the risk to the mental health of all involved.
We also know that the demand on mental health services far outstrips current capacity, as well as the expertise of services supporting non-mental health needs. In other words, people providing vital support need to have a much greater knowledge and skill set to handle the complex demands they face every day.
To meet this need, CARES (Crisis Advice & Recovery – Enhanced Support) – training equips you with:
- a comprehensive toolkit of practical skills.
- the most up-to-date theoretical knowledge from the fields of mental health psychology, addictions counselling and social sciences.
- the ability to face these increasing demands with complete confidence
This means a better outcome for the people you support – as well as a boost to your morale.
Once you have completed the ICARES programme outlined, you are entitled to one free place on a 2-hour Cares in Practice interactive online reflective, session. This place needs to be taken up within 6 months of completing the training programme (subject to availability).
For more details about the CARES course, click here.
This course is absolutely brilliant and certainly the best training I have been on in years!
This course is £1,500 per person, however if you are from a charity, please contact [email protected]