The Suffolk Mind Counselling service is currently looking for 11 volunteer counsellors to start in August 2021.
Bury St Edmunds
Client times: Thursday evenings from 5pm to 8:30pm (3 clients)
Supervision Group: 1st Tuesday of every month: 8.30am to 10.30am or Supervision Group: 3rd Tuesday of every month, 8.30am to 10.30am
We are looking for seven counsellors to be based in Ipswich. The client times can be fitted around your other commitments, but we do ask for a minimum of three clients per week and that you are able to attend one of our supervision groups below:
- 2nd Monday of every month 4.00pm to 6.00pm (2 spaces available on this group)
- 3rd Monday of every month 4.30pm to 6.30pm (3 spaces available on this group)
- 4th Monday of every month 4.00pm to 6.00pm (2 spaces available on this group)
All our supervision groups are over Zoom.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer counsellor with Suffolk Mind’s counselling service, please see below the requirements of a placement:
- You must be in your second or final diploma year and have completed a minimum of 15 hours of one-to-one counselling with clients.
- You must be able to attend group supervision (times stated above).
- You will need to have a private supervisor, this is to be to be organised and funded by you.
- You must be a member of a professional counselling body
- You must have your own professional liability insurance.
- You are expected to commit to the service for at least a year.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer counsellor please email your current CV to the Volunteer Manager, Corrina Hanley, [email protected].
About the service
We operate self-referral, easy to access counselling service. Our service is for anyone aged 18+, on a weekly basis (please note we do not offer fortnightly or monthly counselling). Clients come to our counselling service for a variety of reasons but these could be relationships, family issues, personal crisis, bereavement, or other problems they may be dealing with.