Current Volunteer Counsellor roles at Suffolk Mind:
- Ipswich – Client times 1pm, 2pm, 3pm – Supervision group: Ipswich 2nd Monday of the month (1.45pm to 3.45pm)
- Bury St Edmunds – Wednesday afternoon (client times 2pm, 3pm, 4pm); Group Supervision will be on the 2nd Tuesday of each month (8.30am to 10.30am)
- Bury St Edmunds – Thursday morning (client times 9.30am, 10.30am, 11.30am,); Group Supervision will be on the 2nd Tuesday of each month (8.30am to 10.30am)
- Bury St Edmunds – Monday morning (client times 9.30am, 10.30am, 11.30am); Group Supervision will be on the 2nd Tuesday of each month (8.30am to 10.30am)
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer counsellor with Healthy Mind Counselling service, please see below the requirements of a placement:
- You must be in your final diploma year and have completed a minimum of 20 1:1 counselling hours and have seen more than one client.
- You are required to take part in group supervision (times stated above).
- You will need to see a private supervisor for a minimum of one hour a month – to be organised and funded by you.
- You can claim expenses only for mileage – a maximum of £12 per trip to see clients.
- You need to be a member of a professional body (i.e. BACP or UKCP).
- You need to hold your own professional liability insurance.
- You are expected to commit to the service for at least a year.
Bury St Edmunds Round Table Three Peaks Challenge 2019 (1)
Event Date: 29/06/2019
Bury St Edmunds Round Table Three Peaks Challenge 2019
Grace goes Sky diving for Suffolk Mind! (1)
Event Date:Mental illness can be a difficult conversation to start with someone. But did you know 1 in 4 people will experience some sort of mental health illness during their life time? Although there is a lot more awareness of mental illness, there is still a lot of stigma attached. This means a lot of suffe
Orwell Challenge (1)
Event Date: 23/06/2019If you love the Suffolk Countryside and would like to support Suffolk Mind, then why not take on the Orwell Challenge and fundraise for Suffolk Mind at the same time?
Peter is running 3 marathons in the Great Barrow Challenge! (1)
Event Date: 29/06/2019
Peter is planning to run 3 of the 10 marathons that form part of the “10 in 10” Great Barrow Challenge marathon series and also raise funds and awareness for Suffolk Mind at the same time.
"I am running for those who have a bad day and need someone to say "Hi", I am running for those
RED January 2019 (24)
Event Date: 01/01/2019
RED January is a fun initiative that encourages you to support your own mental health by doing something active every single day. Some people are also raising money for Suffolk Mind whilst they do it. If you can't find your friend on here, they may be fundraising on Just Giving.
Suffolk County Council Chairman’s Charity (3)
We are delighted that the Chairman of the Suffolk County Council, Councillor James Finch, has chosen Suffolk Mind as his charity of the year, helping us in our aim of making Suffolk the best place in the world for talking about and taking care of mental health.
Suffolk Food Hall (1)
The team at the Suffolk Food Hall have chosen Suffolk Mind as one of their chosen charities of the year for 2019 and are supporting us with many events and activities throughout the year.
The 24 hour Suffolk Mind walk (1)
Event Date: 22/06/2019
I am currently training in respiratory medicine and general medicine at Ipswich hospital. I wanted to do something challenging both physically and mentally to raise awareness of mental health at the hospital. I have teamed up with Suffolk Mind who I feel do a fantastic job in the community.
TMJ Interiors was established in 1981, and has become a leader in specialist joinery and the interior fit-out industry. We manufacture and install quality joinery for the commercial, residential and specialist sectors, and we pride ourselves on our highly skilled and dedicated team. This year, we
Walk This Way (1)
Support this new initiative that raises awareness and funding for local mental health agencies in our area, including Suffolk Mind.