We do not currently have any vacancies for volunteer counsellors. For other volunteering opportunities, click here.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer counsellor with Suffolk Mind’s counselling service, please see below the requirements of a placement:
- You must be in your second or final diploma year and have completed a minimum of 15 hours of one-to-one counselling with clients.
- You must be able to attend group supervision (times stated above).
- You will need to have a private supervisor, this is to be to be organised and funded by you.
- You must be a member of a professional body (i.e. BACP or UKCP).
- You must have your own professional liability insurance.
- You are expected to commit to the service for at least a year.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer counsellor please email your current CV to the Counselling Manager, Lee Harger on [email protected].
About the service
We operate self-referral, easy to access counselling service. Our service is for anyone aged 18+, on a weekly basis (please note we do not offer fortnightly or monthly counselling), our clients are not pre-assessed and this will be something that each counsellor is expected to carry out with the support of the manager and group supervisor.
Clients come to our counselling service for a variety of reasons but these could be relationships, family issues, personal crisis, bereavement, or other problems they may be dealing with.