We currently have the following vacancies for volunteer counsellors at Suffolk Mind:
Bury St Edmunds: Thursday mornings (client times: 9.30am, 10.30am, 11.30am). Supervision group: 1st Tuesday of every month (8.30am to 10.30am)
Ipswich: Tuesday mornings (client times: 9.30am, 10.30am, 11.30am). Supervision group: 3rd Monday of every month (4.15pm to 6.15pm)
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer counsellor with Healthy Mind Counselling service, please see below the requirements of a placement:
- You must be in your final diploma year and have completed a minimum of 20 1:1 counselling hours and have seen more than one client.
- You are required to take part in group supervision (times stated above).
- You will need to see a private supervisor for a minimum of one hour a month – to be organised and funded by you.
- You can claim expenses only for mileage – a maximum of £12 per trip to see clients.
- You need to be a member of a professional body (i.e. BACP or UKCP).
- You need to hold your own professional liability insurance.
- You are expected to commit to the service for at least a year.
Craig Daniels Memorial Snooker Tournament (1)
Event Date: 25/11/2018A group of friends have decided to put on an open snooker tournament in memory of Craig Daniels.
RED January 2019 (13)
Event Date: 01/01/2019
RED January is a fun initiative that encourages you to support your own mental health by doing something active every single day. Some people are also raising money for Suffolk Mind whilst they do it.
The Suffolk Food Hall 7 day run (1)
Event Date: 14/01/2018
Team running 24 miles a day for a week on treadmill at Suffolk Food Hall