We currently have the following vacancies for volunteer counsellors at Suffolk Mind:
- Bury St Edmunds: (From January 2019) Wednesday mornings (client times: 9.30am, 10.30am, 11.30am). Supervision group: 1st Tuesday of every month (8.30am to 10.30am).
- Bury St Edmunds: Tuesday evening (client times: 3.45pm, 4.45pm, 5.45pm). Supervision group: 1st Tuesday of every month (8.30am to 10.30am).
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer counsellor with Healthy Mind Counselling service, please see below the requirements of a placement:
- You need to have completed a minimum of 30 1:1 counselling hours and have seen more than one client
- You are required to take part in group supervision (times stated above)
- You will need to see a private supervisor for a minimum of one hour a month – to be organised and funded by you
- You can claim expenses only for mileage – a maximum of £30 per month
- You need to be a member of the BACP or UKCP
- You need to hold your own professional liability insurance
- You are expected to attend team meetings held every 4-5 months
- You are expected to commit to the service for at least a year
- You must have undertaken a minimum of 20 hours personal therapy
The Suffolk Food Hall 7 day run (1)
Event Date: 14/01/2018
Team running 24 miles a day for a week on treadmill at Suffolk Food Hall
Windsor & Eton Half Marathon (1)
Event Date: 17/11/201812 of Jordan's closest mates are going to be running the Windsor and Eaton Half Marathon on Saturday 17th November to raise awareness and help people who are going through what Jordan did; hopefully we can make an impact and do Jordan proud.