The Suffolk Mind Counselling service is currently looking for volunteer counsellors to start in October 2021.
Bury St Edmunds
Client times: any week day mornings.
Supervision Group: Wednesday evening 6pm-8pm.
We are looking for counsellors to be based in Ipswich. The client times can be fitted around your other commitments, but we do ask for a minimum of three clients per week and that you are able to attend one of our supervision groups below:
- 2nd Monday of every month 4.00pm to 6.00pm
- 3rd Monday of every month 4.30pm to 6.30pm
- 4th Monday of every month 4.00pm to 6.00pm
All our supervision groups are over Zoom.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer counsellor with Suffolk Mind’s counselling service, please see below the requirements of a placement:
- You must be in your second or final diploma year and have completed a minimum of 15 hours of one-to-one counselling with clients.
- You must be able to attend group supervision (times stated above).
- You will need to have a private supervisor, this is to be to be organised and funded by you.
- You must be a member of a professional counselling body
- You must have your own professional liability insurance.
- You are expected to commit to the service for at least a year.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer counsellor please email your current CV to the Volunteer Manager, Corrina Hanley, [email protected].
About the service
We operate self-referral, easy to access counselling service. Our service is for anyone aged 18+, on a weekly basis (please note we do not offer fortnightly or monthly counselling). Clients come to our counselling service for a variety of reasons but these could be relationships, family issues, personal crisis, bereavement, or other problems they may be dealing with.