What is a Friend of Suffolk Mind?
Being a Friend means joining a network of people who have pledged to find out how important mental health is and how to look after it. It’s free to join and will give you lots of useful information and support. It’s a small step but one that could make a huge difference in your life and the lives of people you care about.
- Suffolk Mind wants to make our county the best place in the world for talking about and taking care of mental wellbeing.
- All of us have mental health, just as we have physical health, and one in four of us will suffer from mental ill health in any given year.
- Just as five-a-day, a little exercise and a balanced diet are part of keeping physically healthy, so it is with mental health
How do I become a Friend?
To join, all you have to do is commit to our pledge. There are three ways to do this:
- Click the Become a friend button to the left and complete our online form.
- Download a leaflet and form – you can complete and return this to us using FREEPOST Suffolk Mind (You do not need to use a stamp, if you do this helps save funds)
What will I receive when I become a Friend of Suffolk Mind?
- A regular newsletter with information, events and practical tips on looking after your own mental health and helping others look after theirs.
- Invitations to regular Friends events at our special Quay Place heritage and wellbeing centre.
- An invitation to attend our Suffolk’s Needs Met sessions that introduce the way we look at mental health, through emotional needs and resources. As a Friend of Suffolk Mind, access to this training is FREE and your code to obtain this is within your Friends Welcome Pack.
- Opportunities to share your mental health story.
- The chance to be part of a network that supports Suffolk Mind’s vision to make our county the best place in the world to talk about and take care of mental wellbeing.
The Friends of Suffolk Mind Pledge
I understand that we all have mental health and I pledge to find out more about it, to look after my own mental health, and to promote mental wellbeing at every opportunity – at work, at home and through the organisations I interact with.
24 hour Cycle Challenge (1)
Event Date: 01/02/2019
Avid Spring Climbing Competition (1)
Event Date: 30/03/2019
We are a new climbing wall in Ipswich and are holding our spring climbing competition on Saturday 30th March, 1pm - 5pm.
Bury St Edmunds Round Table Three Peaks Challenge 2019 (1)
Event Date: 29/06/2019
Bury St Edmunds Round Table Three Peaks Challenge 2019
Bypass Nurseries BIG Weekend 1st & 2nd June 2019 (1)
Event Date: 01/06/2019Bypass Nurseries are hosting their BIG Weekend on Saturday 1st and Sunday 2nd June 2019. There will be lots of special activities and offers throughout the weekend, including storytelling and meeting some of the reptiles and a special guest hedgehog for the children. There will also be a prize draw,
Charity Football Match: Ipswich Town FC Women (1)
Event Date: 12/05/2019
MTG Charity Game Day (1)
Event Date: 16/02/2019
Gaming and socializing for a good cause.
Orwell Challenge (1)
Event Date: 23/06/2019If you love the Suffolk Countryside and would like to support Suffolk Mind, then why not take on the Orwell Challenge and fundraise for Suffolk Mind at the same time?
RED January 2019 (24)
Event Date: 01/01/2019
RED January is a fun initiative that encourages you to support your own mental health by doing something active every single day. Some people are also raising money for Suffolk Mind whilst they do it. If you can't find your friend on here, they may be fundraising on Just Giving.
Suffolk County Council Chairman’s Charity (1)
We are delighted that the Chairman of the Suffolk County Council, Councillor James Finch, has chosen Suffolk Mind as his charity of the year, helping us in our aim of making Suffolk the best place in the world for talking about and taking care of mental health.
Suffolk Food Hall (1)
The team at the Suffolk Food Hall have chosen Suffolk Mind as one of their chosen charities of the year for 2019 and are supporting us with many events and activities throughout the year.
The 24 hour Suffolk Mind walk (2)
Event Date: 22/06/2019
I am currently training in respiratory medicine and general medicine at Ipswich hospital. I wanted to do something challenging both physically and mentally to raise awareness of mental health at the hospital. I have teamed up with Suffolk Mind who I feel do a fantastic job in the community.
TMJ Interiors was established in 1981, and has become a leader in specialist joinery and the interior fit-out industry. We manufacture and install quality joinery for the commercial, residential and specialist sectors, and we pride ourselves on our highly skilled and dedicated team. This year, we
Walk This Way (1)
Support this new initiative that raises awareness and funding for local mental health agencies in our area, including Suffolk Mind.