What is a Friend of Suffolk Mind?
Being a Friend means joining a network of people who have pledged to find out how important mental health is and how to look after it. It’s free to join and will give you lots of useful information and support. It’s a small step but one that could make a huge difference in your life and the lives of people you care about.
- Suffolk Mind wants to make our county the best place in the world for talking about and taking care of mental wellbeing.
- All of us have mental health, just as we have physical health, and one in four of us will suffer from mental ill health in any given year.
- Just as five-a-day, a little exercise and a balanced diet are part of keeping physically healthy, so it is with mental health
How do I become a Friend?
To join, all you have to do is commit to our pledge. There are two ways to do this:
- Click the Become a friend button to the left and complete our online form.
- Download a leaflet and form – you can complete and return this to us using FREEPOST Suffolk Mind (You do not need to use a stamp, if you do this helps save funds)
What will I receive when I become a Friend of Suffolk Mind?
- A regular email newsletter with information, events and practical tips on looking after your own mental health and helping others look after theirs.
- An invitation to attend our Suffolk’s Needs Met sessions that introduce the way we look at mental health, through emotional needs and resources. As a Friend of Suffolk Mind, access to this training is FREE and your code to obtain this is within your Friends Welcome Pack.
- Opportunities to share your mental health story.
- The chance to be part of a network that supports Suffolk Mind’s vision to make our county the best place in the world to talk about and take care of mental wellbeing.
The Friends of Suffolk Mind Pledge
I understand that we all have mental health and I pledge to find out more about it, to look after my own mental health, and to promote mental wellbeing at every opportunity – at work, at home and through the organisations I interact with.
2.6 Challenge (8)
Event Date: 26/04/2020Take part in the 2.6 challenge to support Suffolk Mind. Anyone of any age and ability can take on the 2.6 Challenge, with a host of activities – from walking, running, or cycling 2.6 miles, to juggling for 2.6 minutes, or holding online workouts with 26 friends. The ideas and options are endless!
Ben Burgess (1)
Event Date:Ben is raising money for Suffolk Mind.
Beth from Applaud Coffee, Ipswich (1)
Event Date:Beth from Applaud Coffee in Ipswich is hosting coffee workshops online and supporting Suffolk Mind at the same time.
Cheryl Pethybridge (1)
Event Date: 20/09/2020
Cheryl is taking part in the Brighton Marathon for Suffolk Mind.
Emily Burrell (1)
Event Date: 28/06/2020
Approximately 1 in 4 people in the UK suffer from mental health problems each year. So I have decided to do a skydive in aid of Suffolk Mind to try and help local people in need of support.
Fire Walk (44)
Event Date: 26/02/2020
The East of England Co-op are hosting a firewalk to raise money for Suffolk Mind, on Wednesday 26 February 2020 at Ufford Park Hotel in Woodbridge.
Would you like to rise to the challenge of walking on hot coals? Click here t
Kelly Porter - Harwich half marathon (1)
Event Date: 05/04/2020
Kelly Porter is taking part in the Harwich half marathon for Suffolk Mind.
Kirsty Gardner (1)
Event Date:Kirsty is painting for Suffolk Mind.
Link Mortgage Services (1)
Event Date:Dress down days at Link Mortgage Services.
Natasha runs the London Marathon for Suffolk Mind (1)
Event Date: 26/04/2020
Natasha Miles is our first ever Suffolk Mind marathon runner and she's running in memory of her partner, Nick Dinsdale.
Oliver Southgate (1)
Event Date: 10/05/2020
This year, my new year resolution is to help raise awareness of mental health. So what better way than to raise money for a charity that is also personally very close to me!
Simone Cotterill sings live (1)
Event Date: 15/05/2020Simone Cotterill will be singing live on Friday 15th May for Suffolk Mind.
Suffolk County Council Chairman’s Charity (5)
We are delighted that the Chairman of the Suffolk County Council, Councillor James Finch, has chosen Suffolk Mind as his charity of the year, helping us in our aim of making Suffolk the best place in the world for talking about and taking care of mental health.
Suffolk Food Hall (1)
The team at the Suffolk Food Hall have chosen Suffolk Mind as one of their chosen charities of the year for 2019 and are supporting us with many events and activities throughout the year.
The MEL Group brightens up the workplace (1)
Event Date: 22/05/2020The MEL Group is brightening up the workplace on Friday 22nd May.
TMJ Interiors was established in 1981, and has become a leader in specialist joinery and the interior fit-out industry. We manufacture and install quality joinery for the commercial, residential and specialist sectors, and we pride ourselves on our highly skilled and dedicated team. This year, we