What is a Friend of Suffolk Mind?
Being a Friend means joining a network of people who have pledged to find out how important mental health is and how to look after it. It’s free to join and will give you lots of useful information and support. It’s a small step but one that could make a huge difference in your life and the lives of people you care about.
- Suffolk Mind wants to make our county the best place in the world for talking about and taking care of mental wellbeing.
- All of us have mental health, just as we have physical health, and one in four of us will suffer from mental ill health in any given year.
- Just as five-a-day, a little exercise and a balanced diet are part of keeping physically healthy, so it is with mental health
How do I become a Friend?
To join, all you have to do is commit to and sign our pledge. There are three ways to do this:
- Click the Become a friend button to the left and complete our online form.
- Download a leaflet and form – you can complete and return this to us using FREEPOST Suffolk Mind (You do not need to use a stamp, if you do this helps save funds)
- Email us – we will send you details by post for you to FREEPOST back to us.
What will I receive when I become a Friend of Suffolk Mind?
- A regular newsletter with information, events and practical tips on looking after your own mental health and helping others look after theirs.
- Invitations to regular Friends events at our special Quay Place heritage and wellbeing centre.
- Free access to special Suffolk’s Needs Met sessions that introduce the way we look at mental health, through emotional needs and resources.
- Opportunities to share your mental health story.
- The chance to be part of a network that supports Suffolk Mind’s vision to make our county the best place in the world to talk about and take care of mental wellbeing.
The Friends of Suffolk Mind Pledge
I understand that we all have mental health and I pledge to find out more about it, to look after my own mental health, and to promote mental wellbeing at every opportunity – at work, at home and through the organisations I interact with.
The Suffolk Food Hall 7 day run (1)
Event Date: 14/01/2018
Team running 24 miles a day for a week on treadmill at Suffolk Food Hall
Windsor & Eton Half Marathon (1)
Event Date: 17/11/201812 of Jordan's closest mates are going to be running the Windsor and Eaton Half Marathon on Saturday 17th November to raise awareness and help people who are going through what Jordan did; hopefully we can make an impact and do Jordan proud.