What is a Friend of Suffolk Mind?
Being a Friend means joining a network of people who have pledged to find out how important mental health is and how to look after it. It’s free to join and will give you lots of useful information and support. It’s a small step but one that could make a huge difference in your life and the lives of people you care about.
- Suffolk Mind wants to make our county the best place in the world for talking about and taking care of mental wellbeing.
- All of us have mental health, just as we have physical health, and one in four of us will suffer from mental ill health in any given year.
- Just as five-a-day, a little exercise and a balanced diet are part of keeping physically healthy, so it is with mental health
How do I become a Friend?
To join, all you have to do is commit to our pledge. There are three ways to do this:
- Click the Become a friend button to the left and complete our online form.
- Download a leaflet and form – you can complete and return this to us using FREEPOST Suffolk Mind (You do not need to use a stamp, if you do this helps save funds)
What will I receive when I become a Friend of Suffolk Mind?
- A regular newsletter with information, events and practical tips on looking after your own mental health and helping others look after theirs.
- Invitations to regular Friends events at our special Quay Place heritage and wellbeing centre.
- An invitation to attend our Suffolk’s Needs Met sessions that introduce the way we look at mental health, through emotional needs and resources. As a Friend of Suffolk Mind, access to this training is FREE and your code to obtain this is within your Friends Welcome Pack.
- Opportunities to share your mental health story.
- The chance to be part of a network that supports Suffolk Mind’s vision to make our county the best place in the world to talk about and take care of mental wellbeing.
The Friends of Suffolk Mind Pledge
I understand that we all have mental health and I pledge to find out more about it, to look after my own mental health, and to promote mental wellbeing at every opportunity – at work, at home and through the organisations I interact with.
Great East Run - Danny Smy (1)
Event Date: 22/09/2019Danny is running in the Great East Run half marathon on Sunday 22nd September, covering a 13 mile route across Ipswich.
Karen Webb - Great East Run Half Marathon (1)
Event Date: 22/09/2019
I have been training for this event this year as part of an effort to get fitter and improve my mental health. I have an anxiety disorder and Suffolk Mind has been a great source of information and support for me; so I would love to repay this by contributing in my small way.
Matthew Long's Sudbury to the Sea Kayak Challenge (1)
Event Date: 14/09/2019
Matthew is kayaking from Sudbury to the coast on Saturday 14th September, all to raise money for Suffolk Mind; it is an organised event by the River Stour Trust and is 24 ½ miles over two days.
Suffolk County Council Chairman’s Charity (5)
We are delighted that the Chairman of the Suffolk County Council, Councillor James Finch, has chosen Suffolk Mind as his charity of the year, helping us in our aim of making Suffolk the best place in the world for talking about and taking care of mental health.
Suffolk Food Hall (1)
The team at the Suffolk Food Hall have chosen Suffolk Mind as one of their chosen charities of the year for 2019 and are supporting us with many events and activities throughout the year.
TMJ Interiors was established in 1981, and has become a leader in specialist joinery and the interior fit-out industry. We manufacture and install quality joinery for the commercial, residential and specialist sectors, and we pride ourselves on our highly skilled and dedicated team. This year, we