For those of you that took part in RED January earlier in the year, you know first hand the benefit of regular exercise and movement for your over all wellbeing. If you want to have a new challenge to look forward to, keep motivated and make new friends, then the Orwell Challenge could be for you.
Registering for the Orwell Challenge
The Orwell Challenge is being held on Sunday 23rd June 2019 and you can walk or run one of three main routes which range from 12 miles to 25 miles. For further information and to sign up, please visit: www.orwellwalk.co.uk.
If you’d like to take part in the Challenge to fundraise for Suffolk Mind, email us at email@example.com.
Warm up walks
There are also warm up walks with Sue and Steve from Being Well In Suffolk – get in shape and feel good, ready for the Orwell Challenge. There are a number of walks varying in lengths and areas and anyone is welcome to join in.
- Sunday 31st March, 11am, Felixstowe Ferry, outside the fish shop, 3 mile walk.
- Monday 8th April, 6pm, Bridge Wood car park, 4 mile walk.
- Thursday 18th April, 6pm, The Alex in Felixstowe, 4 mile walk.
- Sunday 28th April, 10am, Bridge Wood car park, 5 mile walk.
- Wednesday 8th May, 6pm, Bridge Wood car park, 5 mile walk.
- Saturday 11th May, 10am, St Elizabeth Hospice Midnight Walk (registration required), 10 mile walk.
- Thursday 16th May, 6pm, Tuddenham Fountain, 5 mile walk.
- Sunday 2nd June, 10.30am and 2pm, Alton Water cafe, 8 mile walk.
- Saturday 15th June, 11am, Felixstowe Ferry, 8 mile walk
- Sunday 23rd June – The Orwell Challenge!
Great East Run - Danny Smy (1)
Event Date: 22/09/2019Danny is running in the Great East Run half marathon on Sunday 22nd September, covering a 13 mile route across Ipswich.
Karen Webb - Great East Run Half Marathon (1)
Event Date: 22/09/2019
I have been training for this event this year as part of an effort to get fitter and improve my mental health. I have an anxiety disorder and Suffolk Mind has been a great source of information and support for me; so I would love to repay this by contributing in my small way.
Matthew Long's Sudbury to the Sea Kayak Challenge (1)
Event Date: 14/09/2019
Matthew is kayaking from Sudbury to the coast on Saturday 14th September, all to raise money for Suffolk Mind; it is an organised event by the River Stour Trust and is 24 ½ miles over two days.
Suffolk County Council Chairman’s Charity (5)
We are delighted that the Chairman of the Suffolk County Council, Councillor James Finch, has chosen Suffolk Mind as his charity of the year, helping us in our aim of making Suffolk the best place in the world for talking about and taking care of mental health.
Suffolk Food Hall (1)
The team at the Suffolk Food Hall have chosen Suffolk Mind as one of their chosen charities of the year for 2019 and are supporting us with many events and activities throughout the year.
TMJ Interiors was established in 1981, and has become a leader in specialist joinery and the interior fit-out industry. We manufacture and install quality joinery for the commercial, residential and specialist sectors, and we pride ourselves on our highly skilled and dedicated team. This year, we