The impact of the corona-virus and the lock down will affect many local charities who will find it harder to reach the usual amounts fund raised in this period.
You can help us, have some fun and challenge yourself at the same time!
The 2.6 Challenge launched on Sunday 26 April. This should have been the date of the London Marathon, but like many other fundraising events it has been postponed to later in the year due to coronavirus. In response, a nationwide campaign has launched to encourage people to take part in the 2.6 Challenge on that date instead and support UK charities.
All you need to do is think of a sponsored activity based around the numbers 26 or 2.6 that you can either complete on Sunday 26th April, or the days that follow. Anyone of any age and ability can take on the 2.6 Challenge, with a host of activities – from walking, running, or cycling 2.6 miles, to juggling for 2.6 minutes, or holding online workouts with 26 friends. The ideas and options are endless!
It is a simple, fun way for anyone to help support Suffolk Mind and the invaluable work and services we provide to your local community and we would absolutely love to hear about what you challenge yourselves to do!
Lockdown means you will need to do this at home – or during your hour’s daily exercise, providing you can do so safely and within government guidelines. We have compiled 26 ideas, (below), for you to adopt or get you thinking, or you can check out the 2.6 challenge website for more inspiration and to see what others are doing:
- Call 26 of your friends for 2.6 minutes each
- Run for 26 minutes for 26 days
- Walk 2.6 miles every day for 26 days
- Make 26 cup cakes today!
- Camp in your garden for 26 hours
- Sing non-stop for 26 minutes
- Do 26 star jumps every day for 26 days
- Cycle 26 miles over 2.6 days
- Make 26 cards and post them to 26 loved ones and friends
- Get 26 friends together for an online workout (or a cuppa and a chat)
- Make a 2.6-minute video every day for 26 days
- Donate 26 items to your local food bank
- Score 26 in a row in your garden ‘goal’ or hoop
- Run the length of your garden 26 times
- Take 26 photos of 26 different things
- Do 26 burpees in a row
- Write a poem that only has 26 words
- Read 26 books
- Do 26 cartwheels
- Put music on and dance for 26 minutes nonstop
- Fly a kite for 26 minutes without it going to ground
- Plank for 2.6 minutes
- Eat healthy for 26 hours
- Stop drinking alcohol for 26 days
- Do not shave for 26 days
- Wear 26 different outfits in one day
Taking part is EASY, and ANYONE can do it…
- All you need to do is think of a sponsored ACTIVITY based around the numbers 26 or 2.6 that you can either complete on Sunday 26th April, or the days that follow, (or both!)
- Invite your friends and family to SPONSOR your activity and donate to Suffolk Mind through Just Giving or Virgin Money Giving.
- SHARE your giving page and information about what you are doing on your social media
- COMPLETE your challenge and tell everyone about it by posting a video or photo of you and tag #SuffolkMind #TwoPointSixChallenge
How your challenge will help:
The money you raise will go towards supporting and developing our existing and new services that we provide across Suffolk at a time when mental health has never been more important and the demand to help more people is increasing. Help us by taking part in the 2.6 challenge and fundraising for Suffolk Mind.
If you have any questions about the 2.6 challenge for Suffolk Mind or would like any other information about how you can help to support us, please contact the Suffolk Mind fundraising team: [email protected].