The impact of the corona-virus and the lock down will affect many local charities who will find it harder to reach the usual amounts fund raised in this period.
You can help us, have some fun and challenge yourself at the same time!
The 2.6 Challenge launched on Sunday 26 April. This should have been the date of the London Marathon, but like many other fundraising events it has been postponed to later in the year due to coronavirus. In response, a nationwide campaign has launched to encourage people to take part in the 2.6 Challenge on that date instead and support UK charities.
All you need to do is think of a sponsored activity based around the numbers 26 or 2.6 that you can either complete on Sunday 26th April, or the days that follow. Anyone of any age and ability can take on the 2.6 Challenge, with a host of activities – from walking, running, or cycling 2.6 miles, to juggling for 2.6 minutes, or holding online workouts with 26 friends. The ideas and options are endless!
It is a simple, fun way for anyone to help support Suffolk Mind and the invaluable work and services we provide to your local community and we would absolutely love to hear about what you challenge yourselves to do!
Lockdown means you will need to do this at home – or during your hour’s daily exercise, providing you can do so safely and within government guidelines. We have compiled 26 ideas, (below), for you to adopt or get you thinking, or you can check out the 2.6 challenge website for more inspiration and to see what others are doing:
- Call 26 of your friends for 2.6 minutes each
- Run for 26 minutes for 26 days
- Walk 2.6 miles every day for 26 days
- Make 26 cup cakes today!
- Camp in your garden for 26 hours
- Sing non-stop for 26 minutes
- Do 26 star jumps every day for 26 days
- Cycle 26 miles over 2.6 days
- Make 26 cards and post them to 26 loved ones and friends
- Get 26 friends together for an online workout (or a cuppa and a chat)
- Make a 2.6-minute video every day for 26 days
- Donate 26 items to your local food bank
- Score 26 in a row in your garden ‘goal’ or hoop
- Run the length of your garden 26 times
- Take 26 photos of 26 different things
- Do 26 burpees in a row
- Write a poem that only has 26 words
- Read 26 books
- Do 26 cartwheels
- Put music on and dance for 26 minutes nonstop
- Fly a kite for 26 minutes without it going to ground
- Plank for 2.6 minutes
- Eat healthy for 26 hours
- Stop drinking alcohol for 26 days
- Do not shave for 26 days
- Wear 26 different outfits in one day
Taking part is EASY, and ANYONE can do it…
- All you need to do is think of a sponsored ACTIVITY based around the numbers 26 or 2.6 that you can either complete on Sunday 26th April, or the days that follow, (or both!)
- Invite your friends and family to SPONSOR your activity and donate to Suffolk Mind through Just Giving or Virgin Money Giving.
- SHARE your giving page and information about what you are doing on your social media
- COMPLETE your challenge and tell everyone about it by posting a video or photo of you and tag #SuffolkMind #TwoPointSixChallenge
How your challenge will help:
The money you raise will go towards supporting and developing our existing and new services that we provide across Suffolk at a time when mental health has never been more important and the demand to help more people is increasing. Help us by taking part in the 2.6 challenge and fundraising for Suffolk Mind.
If you have any questions about the 2.6 challenge for Suffolk Mind or would like any other information about how you can help to support us, please contact the Suffolk Mind fundraising team: [email protected].
2.6 Challenge (8)
Event Date: 26/04/2020Take part in the 2.6 challenge to support Suffolk Mind. Anyone of any age and ability can take on the 2.6 Challenge, with a host of activities – from walking, running, or cycling 2.6 miles, to juggling for 2.6 minutes, or holding online workouts with 26 friends. The ideas and options are endless!
Ben Burgess (1)
Event Date:Ben is raising money for Suffolk Mind.
Beth from Applaud Coffee, Ipswich (1)
Event Date:Beth from Applaud Coffee in Ipswich is hosting coffee workshops online and supporting Suffolk Mind at the same time.
Cheryl Pethybridge (1)
Event Date: 20/09/2020
Cheryl is taking part in the Brighton Marathon for Suffolk Mind.
Emily Burrell (1)
Approximately 1 in 4 people in the UK suffer from mental health problems each year. So I have decided to do a skydive in aid of Suffolk Mind to try and help local people in need of support.
Fire Walk (44)
Event Date: 26/02/2020
The East of England Co-op are hosting a firewalk to raise money for Suffolk Mind, on Wednesday 26 February 2020 at Ufford Park Hotel in Woodbridge.
Would you like to rise to the challenge of walking on hot coals? Click here t
Kelly Porter - Harwich half marathon (1)
Event Date: 05/04/2020
Kelly Porter is taking part in the Harwich half marathon for Suffolk Mind.
Kirsty Gardner (1)
Event Date:Kirsty is painting for Suffolk Mind.
Link Mortgage Services (1)
Event Date:Dress down days at Link Mortgage Services.
Natasha runs the London Marathon for Suffolk Mind (1)
Event Date: 26/04/2020
Natasha Miles is our first ever Suffolk Mind marathon runner and she's running in memory of her partner, Nick Dinsdale.
Oliver Southgate (1)
Event Date: 10/05/2020
This year, my new year resolution is to help raise awareness of mental health. So what better way than to raise money for a charity that is also personally very close to me!
Simone Cotterill sings live (1)
Event Date: 15/05/2020Simone Cotterill will be singing live on Friday 15th May for Suffolk Mind.
Suffolk County Council Chairman’s Charity (5)
We are delighted that the Chairman of the Suffolk County Council, Councillor James Finch, has chosen Suffolk Mind as his charity of the year, helping us in our aim of making Suffolk the best place in the world for talking about and taking care of mental health.
Suffolk Food Hall (1)
The team at the Suffolk Food Hall have chosen Suffolk Mind as one of their chosen charities of the year for 2019 and are supporting us with many events and activities throughout the year.
The MEL Group brightens up the workplace (1)
Event Date: 22/05/2020The MEL Group is brightening up the workplace on Friday 22nd May.
TMJ Interiors was established in 1981, and has become a leader in specialist joinery and the interior fit-out industry. We manufacture and install quality joinery for the commercial, residential and specialist sectors, and we pride ourselves on our highly skilled and dedicated team. This year, we