Our Understanding mental health training is a half-day course that gives an in-depth look at the mental health continuum. Team members come away with improved awareness of mental health conditions and their symptoms – essential for those supporting others.
The course content includes:
- How to recognise signs and symptoms, both physical and emotional, in yourself and others.
- The mental health continuum – the relationship between wellbeing, stress and mental ill-health.
- How to identify what we need to be mentally healthy.
- Practical dos and don’ts for a healthy workplace environment.
The benefits include:
- A workforce with better mental health awareness.
- A workplace culture where employees feel they are supported and able to come forward with specific issues.
- An environment where employees can better support colleagues.
- Preventing situations which may lead to poor mental health.
Exceeded my expectations and gave me lots to take away and follow up with – it was surprisingly in depth for three hours.
Health & Social Care practitioner
To book call 01284 338811 or email email@example.com
Great East Run - Danny Smy (1)
Event Date: 22/09/2019Danny is running in the Great East Run half marathon on Sunday 22nd September, covering a 13 mile route across Ipswich.
Karen Webb - Great East Run Half Marathon (1)
Event Date: 22/09/2019
I have been training for this event this year as part of an effort to get fitter and improve my mental health. I have an anxiety disorder and Suffolk Mind has been a great source of information and support for me; so I would love to repay this by contributing in my small way.
Matthew Long's Sudbury to the Sea Kayak Challenge (1)
Event Date: 14/09/2019
Matthew is kayaking from Sudbury to the coast on Saturday 14th September, all to raise money for Suffolk Mind; it is an organised event by the River Stour Trust and is 24 ½ miles over two days.
Ska'd 4life (1)
Event Date: 09/11/2019
The band Ska'd 4life are hosting a fundraising dance on Saturday 9th November to raise money and awareness for Suffolk Mind.
Suffolk County Council Chairman’s Charity (5)
We are delighted that the Chairman of the Suffolk County Council, Councillor James Finch, has chosen Suffolk Mind as his charity of the year, helping us in our aim of making Suffolk the best place in the world for talking about and taking care of mental health.
Suffolk Food Hall (1)
The team at the Suffolk Food Hall have chosen Suffolk Mind as one of their chosen charities of the year for 2019 and are supporting us with many events and activities throughout the year.
TMJ Interiors was established in 1981, and has become a leader in specialist joinery and the interior fit-out industry. We manufacture and install quality joinery for the commercial, residential and specialist sectors, and we pride ourselves on our highly skilled and dedicated team. This year, we