Suffolk Mind’s Healthy Mind Counselling Service is currently looking for a volunteer counsellor:
- Ipswich: Wednesday mornings (client times: 9.15am; 10.20am; 11:30am) Supervision group: Monday – 1st Monday of the month (3.00pm to 5.00pm).
- Bury St Edmunds: Tuesday afternoons (client times: 11.00am, 12.00pm, 1.00pm) Supervision group: Every 4th Tuesday (9.00am to 10.30pm).
- Bury St Edmunds: Tuesday evenings (client times: 3.30pm, 4.30pm, 5.30pm) Supervision group: Every 4th Wednesday (6.00pm to 7.30pm).
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer counsellor with Healthy Mind Counselling service, please see below the requirements of a placement:
- You need to have completed a minimum of 30 1:1 counselling hours and have seen more than one client
- You are required to take part in group supervision (times stated above)
- You will need to see a private supervisor for a minimum of one hour a month – to be organised and funded by you
- You can claim expenses only for mileage – a maximum of £30 per month
- You need to be a member of the BACP or UKCP
- You need to hold your own professional liability insurance
- You are expected to attend team meetings held every 4-5 months
- You are expected to commit to the service for at least a year
- You must have undertaken a minimum of 20 hours personal therapy
If you are interested in the roles, please complete the application form here and send together with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Application for placement" in the subject line.