We currently have opportunities for volunteer counsellors within our Healthy Mind Counselling service. For each of the following vacancies please see the requirements of placement listed below which applies to all of our volunteer counsellor placements.
Bury St Edmunds
- Monday mornings – Client slots 9.30am, 10.45am, 12.00pm (Group supervision Wednesday evenings)
- Tuesday afternoon – 1.00pm; 2.00pm, 3.00pm (Group supervision Wednesday evenings)
Please ensure that before applying for one of the above counsellor vacancies, that you are able to commit to both the counselling times and the monthly supervision times. These can not be changed.
Requirements of placement with Healthy Mind Counselling Service:
- You need to have completed a diploma in counselling or be in the final year of your degree.
- You need to have completed a minimum of 30 1:1 counselling hours and seen more that one client.
- You are required to take part in group supervision twice a month for 1½ hours - provided by Suffolk Mind.
- You will need to see a private supervisor for 1 hour a month - to be organised and funded by you.
- You can claim expenses only for mileage, up to a maximum of £30 per month.
- You need to be a member of the BACP or UKCP.
- You need to hold your own insurance.
- You are expected to attend HMC Team meetings held every 2 months (a maximum of 3 a year)
- You are expected to commit to the service for at least a year.
- You must have undertaken a minimum of 20 hours personal therapy.
- Once an offer is made from Healthy Mind Counselling, we require a letter from your course tutor signing you off as fit to practice.
If you would like to apply for one of these vacancies please email email@example.com expressing which counselling slot you are interested in.